The right domain name choice includes; looking at marketing costs, engagement strategy, & personal preference.
Keyword Domains & Exact Match Domain Names vs. Creative Business Names or a Brandable Domain Name? Dont feel overwhelmed if much of this is new, we have a lot of articles & guides available in our library & our team is ready to help, just send us a note (contact us)
Professional Brand Consulting is advised & worth considering, the time and expense savings will likely be significant.
Branding is the most important step in getting your business growing, understanding the impact of your decision is super important. Thanks to (relatively) recent changes by Google, Keyword (+EMD, etc.) dont get the kind of ranking bumps we use to see. Primarily your content, marketing, analytics acct., etc. will determine what you rank for – on equal ground. So, the choice is yours – see(link) for details about choosing the right domain name for impact -. But there is no changing human behavior and exact match keyword brandable domain names get type in traffic because: people continue to type what they are looking for (verbatim) into their browser. When results are returned, if the website in position #1 is NinjaSERPGodsSEO.biz and in position #4 is the .com (exact match word/term/plural,etc.) for the term they searched – that subsection of people will land on that site. Estibot is a great resource for looking at estimated type in traffic.
SEO, yes, it is still confusing, but choosing the right domain name will help your efforts, tremendously.
Because there are so many moving parts and constant changes, managing your branding can feel overwhelming. Keyword research is a skill that takes a lot of work to master, it’s precise, and it’s time consuming… And, that is just the start. SEO & Social Media Optimization cover a lot more than just choosing the right keywords.
Let’s cover a few Search Engine Optimization basics:
- Keywords, optimized content, choosing the right domain name, site design, and organic search results are benefit from SEO & Social Media Optimization Services; especially for those creative business names that include made up words.
- SEO includes the use of social media, content marketing, PPC (Pay-Per-Click Advertising) on search engines and on social media, lead generation, conversion optimization, etc..
Local Search Engine Optimization, which is still often overlooked.
- Whoever, whatever type of website you are or creative business names you use, never forget you are local somewhere. It’s important that when your brandable domain name’s keywords are searched for – what is found includes:
- Positive Reviews, generating positive reviews is an important factor in local search.
- Business Listings, make sure that you are easily found in all relevant searches on and offline.
- Citations – Get your name mentioned, sometimes with a link to your website, on authority sites.
We have barely scratched the surface of SEO & Social Media Optimization Services. There is only so much information I can absorb with out seeing how it actually works and getting familiar with the basic tools. So this is a good spot to stop the main vein of this post and call out some SEO tools to let you have a chance to get familiar with them.
Below you will find the primary Google Analytics tools. That’s a good start and tools that are essential to understanding search engine optimization, effective keyword research, and your understanding of the #s produced, Why/what analytics matter to your business, and let you start to see the WWW through the eyes of an algorithm. Getting familiar with how the search engines, like Google, rank sites for keywords: the process, the costs, etc… let’s you better choose where to spend your domain, brand, marketing, SERP/SEO dollars. Do creative business names & brandable domain names better fit your strategy or are keyword domain names & exact match company name ideas a better match?
To start with Google Analytics; review, read the search engine optimization documentation, and get your accounts set up:
There are lots of tools and options out there to choose from, take your time and find what works best for you.
We recommend Google’s tools because they comprehensive and are free (mostly). To someone new to SEO & Social Media Optimization Services these tools are a great start as they are very well documented, and support is available everywhere.
Learn as much as you can, even if you don’t think you may put it to active use. This knowledge can save you a fortune over time. Working within an SEO black box of expenses that are not easily understood – is a big red flag.
Get familiar with the Google tools and you will be ready join when we will cover:
- SEO Strategy: Plan Development
- Keyword Strategy: Research done correctly, under and over-optimization, LSI keywords, placement (look out for your own pages competing against each-other in search results.). Keyword linking.
- Structure of pages and posts: Use KW research to pinpoint the terms and let your competitors tell you exactly how to out market them.
- Technical SEO topics and Internal linking as well.
- and many other things not yet thought of.
Click here to let us know to keep you “In the Loop” and well send you updates.
Join our newsletter and get access to all member exclusive resources & updates. Use the form below and get immediate access, once complete.