SEO, yes it is still confusing.
Because there are so many moving parts and constant changes, managing your branding can feel overwhelming. Keyword research is a skill that takes a lot of work to master, it's precise, and it's time consuming... And, we just started as search engine optimization covers a lot more than just choosing the right keywords.
That's where most tend to get frustrated, unfortunately.
Let's cover a few Search Engine Optimization basics:
Keywords, optimized content, site design, and organic search results are all parts in successful search engine optimization.
SEO includes the use of social media, content marketing, PPC (Pay-Per-Click Advertising) on search engines and on social media, lead generation, conversion optimization, etc..
Local Search Engine Optimization, which is still often overlooked.
Whoever or whatever type of business you are, never forget you are local somewhere. It's important that when you are searched for - what is found includes:
1. Positive Reviews, generating positive reviews is an important factor in local search.
2. Business Listings, make sure that you are easily found in all relevant searches on and offline.
3. Citations – Get your name mentioned, sometimes with a link to your website, on authority sites.
We have barely scratched the
surface search engine optimization.
There is only so much information I can absorb with out seeing how it actually works and getting familiar with the basic tools. So this is a good spot to stop the main vein of this post and call out some SEO tools to let you have a chance to get familiar with them.
Below you will find the primary Google Analytics tools. That's a good start and tools that are essential to understanding search engine optimization, effective keyword research, and your understanding of the #s produced, Why/what analytics matter to your business, and let you start to see the WWW through the eyes of an algorithm.
To start with Google Analytics; review, read the search engine optimization documentation, and get your accounts set up:
There are lots of tools and options out there to choose from, take your time and find what works best for you.
We recommend Google's tools because they comprehensive and are free (mostly). To someone new to SEO they are a great start as they are very well documented and support is available everywhere.
Learn as much as you can, even if you don't think you may put it to active use. This knowledge can save you a fortune over time. Working within an SEO black box of expenses that are not easily understood - is a big red flag.
Get familiar with the Google tools and you will be ready join when we will cover:
- SEO Strategy: Plan Development
- Keyword Strategy: Research done correctly, under and over-optimization, LSI keywords, placement (look out for your own pages competing against each-other in search results.). Keyword linking.
- Structure of pages and posts: Use KW research to pinpoint the terms and let your competitors tell you exactly how to out market them.
- Technical SEO topics and Internal linking as well.
- and many other things not yet thought of.
Click here to let us know to keep you "In the Loop" and well send you updates.