Posting Frequency & Quality Content Matters.
Imagine picking up a newspaper and reading the exact same stories that appeared yesterday. You wouldn’t be happy. Chances are you’d never buy that newspaper again.
The same idea applies to content and posting frequency for blogs. Readers like to see new content on a regular basis. This gives them something to look forward to and it can also help with your branding efforts.
There is no particular rule on blog posting frequency and updates.
If you are working on gaining credibility for your blog and your brand, more is often better. It is frequently recommended that updates go into a blog between three to five times weekly. It is also best to make sure the updates are spread throughout the course of several days each week.
When posts are updated frequently, your branding efforts will benefit because:
- Frequent posting can help with increasing the keyword density on your blog
- Your search engine rankings can go up
- visitors have more reasons to return
- Additional points of entry into your blog so people can learn about your brand
- The ability to establish your blog as an authority on the subject matter
- You increase your chances of having content that others will want to quote and link to, which can increase your traffic
Launching your blog and putting some content on it is not enough to really help with branding efforts.
To get the greatest benefit from the project, you do need to pay attention posting frequency and make sure your content is relevant to the topic, useful or enjoyable to readers and fresh.
While you can build traffic on your blog through SEO techniques alone, it does make sense to also employ some forms of advertising. This is especially so if you are trying to build a brand name. When you first start out people will not know to turn to your blog for information unless you tell them to. This is where a supporting marketing plan can really benefit your efforts.
We can help with content creation & strategy, contact us to discuss: