Evaluation Template & Applicant Feedback:
Making a choice, final decision, and picking a freelancer to work on your brand’s project, was what this whole series has been about – But- we want to also emphasize the importance of formally evaluating and providing feedback to the freelancers that “competed” for the project.
It’s time to make a decision from the top 2 or more, what is the best way to manage and evaluate the competition?
In addition to taking the time to carefully evaluate each candidate’s responses, providing feedback is an important step in the outsource ecosystem.
We have included evaluation templates to make your final evaluation process simple and streamlined, also a standard feedback evaluation template is attached and ready to use as well.
Let’s review & make a evaluation template checklist to support your application review process.
You’ve received some proposals and now you’re wondering how to choose a freelancer for your project. Here’s what you should consider before you decide who to work with:
- Examining Their Experience
- Does the freelancer understand the project?
- Do they have the proper skills to perform the duties?
- Have they done this type of work previously?
- Do they have 2-3 references available?
- Do they provide samples/examples of their work?
- Do a Thorough Background
- Does your freelancer have any complaints against their name online?
- Do they have an active blog and/or social media presence? If so, do they present themselves professionally.
- Do they come highly recommended by someone you trust?
- Do they have a specific skill set that would help grow your business?
- Talk Logistics & Payment
- What time zone is your freelancer in?
- What are their normal business hours?
- What is their hourly rate?
- Will they sign an NDA if needed?
- How many changes or revisions are included with the price?
- What rate is additional work billed at?
- Is their personality a good match with yours?
Feedback to the Applicant, an important component of evaluation template, review, & checklists. Offering professional & constructive feedback is professional & the right thing to do.
Thank you again for helping me with [project]. I [like / love / enjoy] the way you [designed / wrote / created] for [your project name]. You have an eye for [details / creativity / colors / fonts]. You’ve been a big help with [getting this project started / staying on deadline / completing your work without issue].
I wanted to take a moment to address [your concern]. While I like what you’ve done with [part of the project], I feel we could make it stronger with a few [revisions / changes / edits].
For change #1, please change [blank] to [blank]. This will appeal to my target audience and keep them [engaged / happy / satisfied].
For change #2, please move [blank] to [blank]. I want to encourage my [readers / site visitors / users] to [action you want taken such as signing up for your email list or booking a 15-minute consultation].
Finally, please switch [blank] to [blank]. This will work better and allow us to [move forward / meet the goals of the project / wrap things up].
If you any questions about these changes, let me know and we can discuss this further.
Join our newsletter and get access to all member exclusive resources & updates. Use the form below and get immediate access, once complete.