Choosing a domain name & the tremendous benefits to your business.
Your a new business & choosing a domain name that makes you recognizable & credible from day 1, is a must.
Your domain name is key to early success, as it makes your brand & business credible.
- When people see your products with your name on them and search for you on the internet, they are looking for the exact terms and words they remember. If your website name appears different from how it appears on your products, you might lose customers’ trust. Choosing a domain name, the”right domain name” for your business establishes credibility, the wrong one makes you look like spam or a scam.
It helps you become a brand; look to establish instant trust, traffic, & authority when choosing a domain name.
- When you talk about branding, you have to talk about consistency. What is branding at its core? It is the consistent personality of your business visible through your slogans, artworks, logos, and practices. Could you imagine Coca Cola’s website named anything other than Coca-Cola? Imagine if their website was named worldfamousdrinks.com. There is no doubt that this type of a domain name speaks the truth, but does it do justice to the brand itself? Tip: creating a brand and opening n e-com site typically very different in terms of Domain Name choice, e.g. about is a perfect example.
It makes you more searchable; for your brand to successful your domain name has to be easy to find in search.
- .COM is typically the extension of choice because; Like/believe it or not, the fact is – when people hear about a site’s name, they automatically assume that it will a be .com website. It’s just so well ingrained at this point, but things are changing – evolving is a better description. If they hear the name of your business (FYI) in-person or on the radio, they will instinctively search for you on the internet with a .com at the end. This is why .com remains the domain name extension of choice, particularly businesses.
The SEO benefits, marketing cost reductions, & ROI cant be overlooked when choosing a domain name.
- Google is always changing its search algorithms, and the keywords in your domain name might not be as effective as they used to or maybe they will be more in the next update – algorithm changes may suprize? Whatever may or may not come, you still cannot deny the fact that having certain keywords in your domain name makes you the most relevant. The goal is to always be the most relevant search result when someone specifically looks for that keyword, phrase, or niche. If you have “block chain” in your domain name and people are looking for block chain info, chances are better (all equal) your website name will appear in the top results, a bit easier
Choosing a domain name that bolsters mobility and internet omni-presence
- By having the right branded domain name you own your success. One of the biggest mistakes made is relying on a platform, controlled completely, by others. If you are not multi channel you are one bad update away from gone. If social is your primary channel that is the brand you bring across multi platforms. That way, if you favorite channel is “crippled” you are easily able to maintain and operate normally while any “business updates” are made. The true value of your brand is just that, your brand, you customers care about your brand not the network they may have found it on. Another big plus: when you have your domain name you can take your offices and operations in any part of the world while keeping the same domain.
Tips for choosing a domain name, the “right one”.
- Go for .com First
- Do your best to get the right domain name in .com extension because this has the most inherent credibility and search-ability. As mentioned earlier, when people hear your website name they just assume that it is going to end with a .com extension.
- Keep It Easy
- It does not matter how unique, interesting “cool”, or outstanding you want your domain name to be; you have to keep it simple. This is because you want people to search your website and find it with ease. If they have to type difficult spellings to search for your website, they might never find it and simply move on. Think about the names and website names of the biggest brands in the world and what they have in common, in terms of chosen domain names.
- Keep It Relevant to Your Business
- If the nature of your business requires you to have a different website name than the name of your brand, you want to make it as relevant to your industry, work and people’s queries as possible. A great way for you to test how relevant your domain name is to your business is to tell it to someone and ask them to guess what the business is about. If they can’t guess it in first three attempts, you might reconsider changing the name.
- Keep It Short
- The shorter the domain name, the easier it will be for people to type it without mistakes. In addition to that, short domain names are memorable. To keep its impact, you should not think of more than two words. Three words can still be accepted, but any words more than that will make your domain name look like a story.
Remember! When choosing a domain name, you want people to be able to pronounce it with ease.
Hyphens and numbers should be avoided at all costs. Lastly, think of a domain name that will stay relevant to your business even if you expand in the future. You don’t want to name your domain thebestladiessandals if you believe you might include men’s footwear in the future too.
Contact Us for direct help and take a look and see if you find the right domain name in our portfolio