Blogging ideas for traffic & keep visitors Engaged
“maintaining” a blog, won’t work, awesome blogging is what your visitors want.
Your Blog is up and traffic is coming , you have to come up with some awesome blogging ideas to keep it growing or on top.
When you’re trying to build a blog up to boost branding efforts, content and blogging ideas will matter a great deal. In order to get traction, traffic, and turn a casual visitor into a customer or a frequent visitor, you’ll need to offer things they want to see, read about or can actually use.
Delivering relevant, valuable, & new blogging ideas does take some work, but it can be a fun process.
The more useful and frequent entries are, awesome blogging ideas delivered, the more likely it is you will be able to develop a following and a rapport with visitors. While there is no set formula, awesome blogging requires planning, posts and updates, Frequency can prove to be critically important for gaining rankings and traffic.
Planning is one thing, executing on your blogging ideas is another.
While many people choose to build and maintain their own blogs, this is not the only option available for you. Keep in mind that “content” doesn’t always have to mean a written post either. Images and videos can also serve well here and assist in keeping a blog looking fresh.
Some blogging ideas and avenues you can take to ensure your blog is updated on a regular basis include:
- Using inside writers – You can write your own posts or have people within your company contribute. Depending on the size of your company, you can spread the responsibilities to different staff members that might be able to help with content that will assist in building up the brand. For a corporate brand, for example, the marketing department might write the majority of posts. Their posts, however, can be complemented with articles written by product developers, the CEO, engineers and so on.
- Hiring professionals – Depending on the niche topic your blog will focus on it is possible professional writers can be hired to add updates. These writers might post about their own experiences with the niche or your product. They might also keep the blog fresh with interesting industry related news and events. Professional companies and solo freelancers can add a new perspective to a blog that helps to build branding efforts while making posts more varied and interesting.
- Using guest writers – It is also possible to ask other niche-related industry professionals to write posts for a blog. Guest posts are an excellent way to vary content and keep it fresh and interesting. This technique works very well for certain products, news blogs and other similar pursuits.
Can’t come up with awesome blogging ideas, think multimedia.
Blog content does typically center on the written word, but visuals can also make a huge impact. To make sure your blog supports your branding efforts and is also appealing, be sure to include a variety of different presentations.
Some blogging ideas and options could include:
- Photographs – It’s not a bad idea to include an image with every post or nearly every post. If you’re writing about how your baby blankets are hand-knitted, show an image of one being created. If your blog focuses on horror movie news, be sure to include publicity shots that relate to a particular film you are discussing. Photographic images can support your content and pull readers in for a closer look.
- Videos – Creating videos to support posts or to be used in place of a standard post is also a great way to go. Videos might explain how to use products, show how they are made, demonstrate related accessories and so on. If you’re blogging to create a branded news site, consider using footage related to your posts.
- Audio – Podcasts and other audio pieces can vary the content on a site and make it more appealing to visitors.
It is not necessary to use multimedia presentations for every post or even very often. Occasional use, however, can really add value to your content. These additions can also be used on their own in place of posts, which will help you create a more fluid site.
Awesome Branding Ideas, Relevant Content, and Timely/Frequent posting.
Remember, readers are more likely to return frequently if they:
- like what they see,
- know content will be fresh and new when they visit again.
Sign up below to check out past issues & all our member only free content, resources, & full video training courses.