Brandable Domain Names & Creative Business Names
Domain appraisals are typically misunderstood and confusing, especially when looking at creative business names (e.g. brandable domain names)
Although there is much more that goes into brand and domain valuation, the following 10 items will make this process understandable, accessible, and will empower you to research and evaluate creative business names on you own (at least preliminary).
- Top Level Domain: The top level of a domain is the extension that it ends in. Some domains can be worth more than others solely based on the type of extension they end.
Creative Business Names, Brandable Domain Names, Keywords, +
Domain Appraisal Guide, tips to ensure you are making an informed domain name purchase.
- Start with enough capital to effectively negotiate: Premium brands are not cheap and, as you can imagine, owners receive a constant stream of inquires offering penny's on the actual value. premium domain owners and brokers quickly filter and ignore these.
- Never Over-Pay/Under-Sell: Understanding the basics of pricing is critical, use our domain appraisal guide above as a guide, but having a professional broker work with you or provide an appraisal is advisable.
- Valuable Domains are held as investments: The market value for premium brand-able and keyword domains is constantly increasing, almost exponentially, understanding the mindset of the person you are looking to buy from is important.
- Never buy or sell through a forum, as a beginner: Unregulated or managed forums are a bed of scams in the domain world as it is across the web. Be sure this is understood. Learn what an IDN domain is, how the transfer process works, and most importantly insist on escrow.
- Starting a negotiation: Try the website, professionals will usually have a landing page with instructions on making an offer(their own or on a third party platform like Flippa, Sedo, GoDaddy Auctions, etc.) or alternatively you can use the Who Is contact information (if public).
Let Us Know How We Can Help
[contact-form-7 id=”1507″ title=”Contact form 1″]